What is a Beach Pool or Beach Entry Pool?
Do you ever wish you had your own private beach in your backyard, free of all the critters and the forces of nature?
A beach entry pool, often called a zero entry pool, gets its name from the fact that it, well, looks like a beach.
When you walk into the shallow end, the water becomes deeper with each step, giving you the sensation of wading into a lake or ocean.
The key benefits of a beach pool or zero entry pools are that they look beautiful and make the pool very open ideal for young children, elderly people, and people with disabilities. These pools may also have steps or stairs, depending on your preferences.
Some people are so obsessed with the beach that they create a beach entry pool complete with sand and a few sun loungers. This type of decor brings a lot of personality to the space and makes it look even more natural.
Most people, however, would simply use sand-colour materials to create the appearance of a beach without the hassle of dealing with real sand.
Types of Beach Pools
Concrete is by far the most common material for a variety of reasons. For instance, it provides much more colour and design options (you can make it look like an actual beach with sand or sand coloured plaster and stone).
A fiberglass beach entry pool, like all good fiberglass pools, is highly durable and needs much less maintenance than concrete. White, ocean blue, and sandstone are only a few of the colours available. The key problem you may encounter is a size restriction, but it is typical of all fiberglass pools.
Beach Pools Pros
- Beach entry is great for kids, the older generations, and those with disabilities.
- Visually stunning
- Create your own personal beach
- Use the beach entry like a tanning ledge to relax and cool off
- They are 100% pet-friendly. A beach entry fiberglass pool is a perfect choice for your family if your dogs enjoy swimming. Even if your pet isn’t a strong swimmer, the beach entrance encourages it to wade in as far as it wants, and the gradual beach entry slope makes it simple to enter and exit.
- A fast, bracing immersion into a swimming pool takes some courage for some of us. Getting in and out of the pool with stairs or ladders can be difficult for those who have difficulty with swollen knees or stiff joints. Whatever the reason for wanting a slow, fast entry into the water, a beach pool allows you to go at your own speed and adapt to the conditions.
Our other services include:
Call our pool contractors at 076 274 7549.